Commercial Banker David Sauers, his wife, Charlotte and daughters Stella and C.C attended an outdoor festival in the spring of 2004. Stella, who was potty training, expressed an urgent need to use the port-a-potties at the edge of the venue. Upon reaching their destination, David propped the door open with one foot for light while keeping a watchful eye on C.C., who was then in the unfamiliar arms of a stranger. David managed to assist Stella but because no toiletries were available, both walked away soiled and annoyed by the experience.
David began researching a better solution for outdoor restroom facilities. After six months of work, David discussed his ideas with friend and environmental engineer, Robert Glisson. The two, along with a trailer manufacturing company, designed the first fully functioning mobile restroom trailer. With the help of wives, Charlotte and Julianne, the company was branded “a regal portable restroom experience” in September 2004, and Royal Restrooms began.
David and Robert enjoyed the influx of local interest in Royal Restrooms, but the company vision was far greater than the borders was previously imagined. Within the first year, the partners left their full time careers and began to develop their company nationwide.
The first licensed Royal Restrooms office opened in Gainesville, Florida, in 2005, and served as the launch to pioneer an underdeveloped industry. Presently, Royal Restrooms can service any area of the continental United States within 24 hours, with offices from Connecticut to California.
Our Philosophy and Commitments
In just four short years, Royal Restrooms has been established as a symbol of excellence through the dedication to create, not just a exceptional portable restroom and shower product, but a lasting, exceptional experience for each and every client served. This principle is the driving force behind the Royal Restrooms commitments:
• To uphold a reputation of absolute trust built on a history of integrity, reliability, dedication, innovation, and professional service excellence.
• To sustain industry leadership by developing state-of-the-art products and providing value-added services that will allow our team to serve our clients beyond their expectations and beyond our competitors’ capabilities.
• To develop the highest quality products by diligently applying the best manufacturing practices to realistic applications.
• To provide professional education for individual’s in the event planning, disaster relief, and sanitation industries through participation in events where industry related information is learned and ideas are shared.
• To maintain a positive work environment that cultivates the personal worth of our employees by offering enhanced advancement opportunities, personal work satisfaction, and participation in the success of the company.
• To practice good citizenship and social responsibility by following sound business principles and supporting non-profit organizations and others through community service.